Borrowing Rings from trumpet & Horn
Thank you so much for thinking of Trumpet & Horn for your upcoming photo shoot! Below are all the details you’ll need to know about how our lending process works. Please be aware that we reserve the right to refuse lending to any party for any reason.
WHAT YOU CAN BORROW
- We can typically send up to $25K retail value for your shoot, with a maximum of 4 pieces at one time.
- The pieces are your choice, but we are happy to help you choose the perfect piece(s) if you prefer. The following is a list of rings that have been borrowed at least five times (and most, if not all of the shoots featuring these rings have been published): Versailles, Moulin Rouge, Celine, Rose Gold Peachtree, Rose Gold Tiara, and Antoinette. If one of these rings is absolutely perfect and we cannot find a suitable alternative, we would be happy to lend these out. Otherwise, please let us help you find an alternate ring to borrow!
- Anything marked on our website as “sold” or “reserved” we will not be able to lend out.
- We cannot send our more expensive pieces for shoots ($20K+). Occasionally we are able to make an exception - please let us know which piece you are interested in and we’ll let you know.
- Please make sure to consider your model’s ring size (if you have one) when choosing rings. The size of each ring is listed at the end of the ring’s description on our website. We would hate to lend a ring she can’t get on her finger!
SHIPPING RINGS TO YOU AND BACK
- The package you receive will come via UPS, in the morning, signature required. Typically, delivery will be sometime between 8:00AM - 11:00AM. We are happy to ship to either your home or work address so you will be able to sign for the package.
- We will send the package fully insured, with overnight shipping. Each and every package must be shipped to and from our office using our insurance (please see our note on Shipping Costs below).
- We are happy to send your package to a UPS Customer Care center instead of your home or office for you to pick up at your leisure. Please check the UPS website for a center near you, filtering by "UPS Customer Center" only.
- We will include a return shipping label in your package for you to ship the rings back to us. Please make sure to use this label instead of paying for shipping at the UPS store - this ensures that the package is properly insured. Again, use our shipping label and DO NOT get your own insurance.
- When you are shipping back to us, please double-box the package exactly like it was when you opened it. Please make sure to get NEW boxes and do not reuse the boxes it came in. If we included a small brown box in the package we sent, please use this to return the package to us. Do not place this small box in a bigger box. Please do NOT use peanuts to ship back to us, and do not ship back in a box that is any bigger than the one the rings arrived in.
- Make sure to get a receipt when you drop off your package at UPS.
We absolutely LOVE shipping out rings for photo shoots. We ship out hundreds of boxes every year, fully-insured with overnight shipping to your location. In order for us to make this happen, we kindly ask that each photographer or stylist who is borrowing rings from us help cover approximately half of the cost of shipping. The cost of each round-trip box sent differs based on the total retail price of the rings inside.
1. If the total retail price of what you are borrowing is less than $10,000, we will send you a Paypal invoice for $35 to help cover the shipping costs there and back (which averages approximately $60-$70 for a round trip.)
2. If the total retail price is between $10,000 - $25,000, we will send you a Paypal invoice for $55 to help cover the shipping costs there and back (which averages approximately $100-$120 for a round trip.).
This ensures that the package is fully insured while it's in the hands of UPS, so you would never be at fault if UPS loses a box while it's en-route to you or returning to us. Thank you so much for your understanding!
If you are in the Los Angeles area and would like to come in to our office to choose rings for your shoot, we are more than happy to waive the shipping fees. Set up a time with our Director of Marketing, Kelly, to come in and pick out some pieces (Monday-Friday, 9AM-4PM).
WHILE THE RING(S) ARE IN YOUR POSSESSION
Please be careful! Vintage rings are not indestructible. Please use care during your shoot to make sure the ring survives another hundred years after we receive it back. Do not leave the rings unattended in a location that isn’t secure. If you have a safe, that’s the best option. If not, please make sure they are in a safe place at all times. Remember, sometimes the safest place for fine jewelry is on your person.
USE OF PHOTOS
- We would love to receive high-res photos (when you are able to release them) from each shoot.
- We will use these photos on our website and social media (Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook) with credit to you.
- Please make sure to credit us where appropriate with a link to our website or @trumpetandhorn for social media! If you borrowed a ring from the Claire Pettibone collection, please make sure to credit both of us, @trumpetandhorn & @clairepettibone. For links, please credit these rings as "Claire Pettibone x Trumpet & Horn" or something similar, and send them to the Claire Pettibone page on our website.
- If the photos from your shoot need to be kept under wraps until a certain date, just let us know!
If you have any further questions, please let us know!
Trumpet & Horn